We are always trying to find ways to incorporate more reading and book-related activities into our family’s life. Reading promotes literacy, helps improve spelling and grammar, and allows students to experience the lives of fictional characters. Book Month is a great opportunity to celebrate your love of books and reading.
There are many things that parents can do to keep their children reading throughout the year:
- Visit the local library together
- Have plenty of reading material around
- Read aloud with the kids
- Help kids find time to read—for the “fun of it”
- Use books to break the boredom
- Read a NEW book every week
Parents need to make daily reading a priority for their children as a fun and learning activity. The LOVE of reading lasts a lifetime!!!!
Communities In Schools—Rowan County